DHTML, Flash, and what not...

by "Spelaean" <webmaster(at)spelaean.com>

 Date:  Wed, 3 Feb 1999 17:16:08 -0800
 To:  <hwg-graphics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
>There are a lot of ways to do this, but the easiest is to just make
>yourself a square the size you want, erase the corners, then use a
>rounded bullet dingbat from a dingbat font like Zapf Dingbats to make the
>corner. You'll have to fiddle with the font size a bit to get it right,
>of course. Then all you have to do is clean up the anti-aliasing pixels
>inside the square leftover from the edge of the dingbat you don't use.

If you do go that route, you won't need a dingbat... just a period
from just about any font.

>Hmm, why not make the buttons links and use 'javascript:' urls? Would that
>serve the same purpose?

'Cause that would completely defeat the purpose of having
a DHTML sample page.  ;o)

I have a confession to make...

...it's at http://spelaean.addr.com/report/flash.htm

If it locks up on you, right click and choose "play".
I wasn't good at preloading at that time.

This was my first Flash animation.  It sucks, too.
It was a project for school.  Check out:

http://spelaean.addr.com/report/

...for the whole report on Flash.

-Steve