Re: Transparent GIFs

by "Tim Whitcombe" <tim(at)ringsoft.demon.co.uk>

 Date:  Thu, 28 Sep 2000 18:37:28 +0100
 To:  <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

A halo around a transparent gif is generally caused by the background
of the gif you select as the transparent colour.... I'm not explaining
this very well...

Imagine you have a graphic and you want transparency with it. It is
eventually to be used on a page with a blue background. Make the
original graphic on a blue background, and chose that blue as the
transparent colour.

Still not too well explained, but I hope you get the idea.

Tim.
          http://www.ringsoft-designs.co.uk

>Hi;
>I use PhotoShop 5.0 and will soon upgrade. I'm disappointed in the
poor
>quality of transparent gifs I create with this program. They end up
grainy
>and often have speckles around the edges. I have seen other people's
>transparent gifs and they look just fine. Can someone tell me what
I'm