Re: making backgound transparent

by "Shay" <shay(at)wcnet.net>

 Date:  Tue, 17 Feb 1998 05:25:56 -0600
 To:  "Bob Axmear" <bobaxe(at)sbt.net>,
<hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Bob,

Using PSP with the eye dropper selected, right click on your background in
your image (presumably your background is white or some other nuetral
color).  Then save as a GIF 89A format.  If you select GIF 87A this does not
support transparency - It must be set to the 89A format to get a transparent
image.

If after you've saved this and you get speckles in the background, it's
because your background consists of more than one indexed color.  Using the
magic wand select the background, select the paint can, and pour a neutral
color over the area.  The color you want to be transparent should have only
one color index bit.  If you move your mouse around the background and can
see the index number change on the pallette, then you've got more than one
bit embedded in your background.

Hope this helps

Shay  B-)

Bare Tranquility Web Design
http://www.wcnet.net/shay/index.html
shay(at)wcnet.net  /  shay(at)intertex.net
Member of the HTML Writer's Guild
http://www.hwg.org/