Re: resolutions

by "Shay" <shay(at)wcnet.net>

 Date:  Tue, 17 Feb 1998 09:53:50 -0600
 To:  <sslade(at)penn.com>,
<hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Experience and some surveys (though don't ask for the stats) seem to
indicate most have their resolutions set for 800x600.  Though personally, I
prefer 1024x768.  I think the main reasons for the lower resolutions are:

        1.  It's the way Windows sets up the pcs on install
        2.  Most of the average pc users aren't even aware that this can be
changed
        3.  A few that I've met that are aware they can have the higher
resolution prefer the lower simply because it's easier for them to view the
larger screen images and fonts - less eye strain.

For myself, it's more like playing with kindergarten blocks - Much too large
and bright - Give me something small and subtle

Shay  B-)

Bare Tranquility Web Design
http://www.wcnet.net/shay/index.html
shay(at)wcnet.net  /  shay(at)intertex.net
Member of the HTML Writer's Guild
http://www.hwg.org/