Re: Disappointed

by "J M Parnell" <mparnell(at)sprynet.com>

 Date:  Mon, 19 Jan 1998 07:48:22 -0600
 To:  "Graphics List" <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Clause:

I have also found that adding a judicious amount of noise using the noise
filter will sometimes help areas blend and still remain realistic. Just mark
off the area and then play with the noise plug-in filter until you get the
effect you want. As far as masks, that is a deep subject in Photoshop. But,
I have found that once I sort of get the mask I want, I turn it into a
"rubilinth" using the quick mask button at the bottom of the tools
pallette.Then I use the paint and eraser tools to fine tune the mask (using
a small "fuzzy" edged brush). Then, I turn it back into a mask with the
marquee button. If I need to use the mask over and over, I save it using the
save mask command in the select menu at the top of the page. Masks were hard
to get the hang of, but I hope this helps,

Michael Parnell