Re: graphics seriously slow the page

by "Ramon Bartschat" <bartschat(at)goldnet.sk>

 Date:  Sat, 13 Feb 1999 23:32:06 +0100
 To:  <emcy(at)anet.com>,
"HWG Graphics web forum" <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
You got to be kidding.....

The logo file (colorlogo.jpg) on your pages is 116 759 bytes BIG
It has the astonishing size of 1378x919 pixels
AND you saved it with 400dpi.
It has 3.7 MB uncompressed (a real hog on any computer system)

Sorry... we all make mistakes but I had to laugh when I saw that one.

This monster alone will take forever to download.

Do the following:
Resample the image to: 109x163 (height x width) pixels. That is the size
used in yout HTML coding
Reduce dpi from 400 dpi to 72 dpi.
Save as JPG as you did before and not as GIF (you had that right).

That should solve your little 'problem'.

;-)
Ramon