Re: PaintShop Pro 5.0 vs. Photoshop?

by "Rob King" <kilroy(at)radiks.net>

 Date:  Fri, 16 Oct 1998 08:28:31 -0500
 To:  <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hmmm.....   It depends on the budget your working with....   Personally, I
ditched them both and went with Corel Suite.   It has everything you need
and you don't have to buy 5 different Adobe programs to do what this one
suite does... also, despite what Corel says, the upgrade package (which is
over $100.00 cheaper)  is the full program and you don't have to have a
previous version installed it install it...  Also with its powerful recorder
and script writer, I have only had to install one or two plugins to be able
to do the same things I used to do with 20 plugins in PhotoShop.    But the
price tag is a little pricey and if your just getting started I can
understand Exactly why you have trepidation towards purchasing Adobe
products.   I would have to say, that if your just beginning and want to get
the feel of it, stay with PSP 5.0.   Push yourself to the limits of that
program.  Then when your making some money with that, then move on up...

Rob King
Graphics Director
Radiks Internet Access
Voice 402-346-4026 Ext. 112
Fax 402-346-5970
rking(at)radiks.net

Ps I also found David Siegel's remark rather humorus....  I know of 8
different web design firms here and I know of only 3 that use Adobe
Photoshop:)  And I know that all of them are making money at it, so I guess
in the eyes of the business world... we're professionals:)