Re: Transparency H*ll

by "Carol G. Parent" <parent(at)djam.com>

 Date:  Tue, 10 Nov 1998 15:27:39 -0600
 To:  <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>,
"Elysia De Chenn" <elysia(at)mindspring.com>
 Cc:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I know exactly what you are talking about.  I have had the same prob.  What
I have done is make the background a color and when the graphic is
completed, I then set it to transparent.  That is how I got around it.  For
some reason when you start out with a transparent background, as soon as you
save it, it goes to white.  I do not understand why.  I think it has
something to do with the format.  gif or jpg.  but I do not know.  So as I
said, I will set the background to some oddball color, that wont leave yucky
little dots around the graphic after I set the transparency, do the graphic
the way I want, then do the transparency deal.  Hope this helps.  I found it
to be quite frustrating and maybe someone that knows more than I will come
up with a better answer.