Re: Fireworks 3, pen tool, and creating a filled object - AAAGH!

by "Roger Stenning" <roger(at)isgwds.enterprise-plc.com>

 Date:  Tue, 28 Aug 2001 01:42:59 +0100
 To:  <hwg-graphics(at)mail.hwg.org>,
=?iso-8859-1?Q?St=E9phane_Bergeron?= <stephberg(at)videotron.ca>
  todo: View Thread, Original
St�phane -

> The problem with your file is that it is already a filled shape but
that is
> very thin and has the shape you see.  Gove the stroke and fill
different
> colrs and then zoom in your shape while it's still selected, you
will see
> what I mean.  At some point you probably applied an Expand Stroke
command
> to your original path and it ended up as it is now.  If you draw a
shape
> with the pen tool and close it by clicking on your start point
you'll be
> able to fill the whole shape just fine.
>
> HTH!

It did, believe me!

D'OH! You hit the nail on the nead: I'd Expanded the stroke, in order
to produce a smooth shape. Found and used the node tool, zoomed in
like crazy, and there was the internal line. Removed the internal
node, and it filled in completely - mate, you saved my bacon! Thanks!

Best regards,

Roger Stenning
Webmaster, The Impossible Scenarios Group
www.the-isg.co.uk
ICQ: 74721632
UK Amateur Radio call sign: G1LIW
(PGP public key available on request)
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in this message
may not be those of the ISG. The information in this email and
in any attachments may be confidential and/or privileged. If you
are not the intended recipient, you should not retain, copy or
use this email for any purpose, nor disclose all or any part of
its content to any other person - you should also destroy this
message, delete any copies held on your systems and notify
the sender immediately.