unauthorized animation

by "Ramon Bartschat" <bartschat(at)goldnet.sk>

 Date:  Sun, 11 Apr 1999 09:28:20 +0200
 To:  "Html Writers Guild Graphics Discussion Group" <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>,
"Sunil Bahl" <sunilbahl(at)hotmail.com>
  todo: View Thread, Original
>I came across some very cool animated gif�s on one of the sites I had
>visited sometime last month. I used the save as option to save the
>images on my hard disk, so that I could study them better later. When
>I opened the file I saw the words �unauthorized� flashing on the
>lower part of the animated gif and the owners e-mail address flashing
>on the upper art of the animated gif.

Hm....
The way you describe it I think In theory I know how this is done.
I guess you have to use CSS or tables in a very clever manner.
You create the animated gif with the e-mail and "unauthorized" text in it.
Then you have to create a "mask" either with CSS layer or tables so that
only the portion without that flashing text will be displayed.

I hope this makes sense.
?!

Ramon