Re: Shockwave?

by "Starr Wolf Design" <starrwolfdesign(at)starrwolf.com>

 Date:  Tue, 20 Jul 1999 16:39:45 -0500
 To:  "Jack Martin" <jackpmartin(at)earthlink.net>,
"Graphics HWG" <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Flash is a nice application in the right hands. However, it is not something
easily learned and we are not aware of any tutorials of significance yet.

We once tried the Flash trial version (prior to the recent version 4) and
found it to be more confusing than helpful. The learning curve is a bit high
and unless you have 30 days to sit in front of the monitor and do nothing
but play with the trial version you won't learn it very well.

Our clientele have not wanted the Flash technology, so, we haven't trained
staff in its application. When the day comes that Flash 4 becomes either
more commonplace, or, in more demand by our clientele, we will try and learn
it again.

The concensus in our shop is that Flash is 80% hype and 20% support. By
"support" we are referring to tutorials.

If you dive into it don't plan on doing anything else. You can only download
the trial to your system once. After the 30 days has expired it is no good
and you cannot try it again.

It is an expensive "toy" unless it can make money for you.

Regards,

Starr Wolf
http://www.starrwolf.com