Re: Jasc Trajectory Pro

by "Paul Wilson" <webgooru(at)gte.net>

 Date:  Fri, 17 Mar 2000 17:17:40 -0500
 To:  "Michael Gerholdt" <gerholdt(at)ait.fredonia.edu>,
"hwg-graphics" <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> What do we know about Trajectory Pro from JASC?
>
> It sounds like another Flash/LiquidMotion type program - based on scalable
> vector graphics.
>
> http://www.jasc.com/trj.html

Actually it makes use of XML which is fine someday in the future, but right
now its not supported by enough browsers.

I know - sounds like heresy to some out there, but I waited YEARS for CSS to
deliver the goods and it still has miles to go before its really delivers on
the promises we heard way back when.

I mostly do commercial websites that sell products.  They have to be very
compatible.  That means no platform or browser specific stuff.

Once the browsers catch up to CSS and are usable, what then?  It looks like
it's being rolled into other proposed standards for the future like XML.
Will the new ideas be universally accepted or will we wait several years to
find out?  I have seen a lot of standards come and go.  I wish the W3C would
work on getting common acceptance on things before they jumped to the next
proposal.

Many of the software brands that I use are starting to get into the XML
thing - and they don't even know where it's going or if it's usable.  The
writeups I have read sound like merchandising hype with no real substance.
Like I said, if it don't work on all browsers, what good is it?

Paul