Re: Looking for a font's reference.

by "MomJ" <momj(at)mindless.com>

 Date:  Thu, 20 May 1999 14:14:52 -0500
 To:  <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
-----Original Message-----
From: Lou Hall <lhall1(at)midsouth.rr.com>
Date: Thursday, May 20, 1999 11:15 AM
>Does anyone know of a reference site that
>I can see something like a,b,c, in the various
>fonts, select a font, then I  go to my own
>folder Window/Font to see if I have it?

There are a myriad of sites offering fonts. Simply do a search on "fonts" in
any search engine.

May I suggest FONT LISTER, a great shareware program, to view your fonts and
compare the alphabet or any phrase you choose. http://www.theill.com/fl/
Quoting from the site:
"Currently there are two versions: FontLister 2.0 which is (and will stay)
freeware and FontLister 3.x which is $5 shareware.

When you're downloading the Shareware version, you're getting the full
version. There's no nag-screens, no time-disabling, no password-checks etc.
I just hate these reminders when I am trying out a program, so I decided I
wouldn't include one myself. You are however still obligated to register
your copy if you're using it 30 days after first installation."

Another plus for using such a program (and there are others available) is,
that by opening fonts in the program, they become available to use in other
programs (such as graphics editors) without having to install them into the
c:\windows\fonts folder. Many newbie "font-a-holics" have the problem of
slower windows performance by overloading c:\windows\fonts.

I have no connection with FONT LISTER, just a long time satisfied user.

HTH
Mousily yours,
MomJ - the mouse with the 5 foot tail!
(aka CCmouse)