Re: what's the thing against black backgrounds?

by "George Ramos" <gramos(at)jps.net>

 Date:  Wed, 22 Apr 1998 09:44:48 -0700
 To:  "mike jackson" <mjackson(at)efn.org>
 Cc:  <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Mike,

>i've noticed a lot of critiques saying black backgrounds look amateurish.
>why? why is one color that bad?

Black and white backgrounds are most common because they take to
other colors well.  Black is good for photography and art sites because
the photos or paintings will stand out and not be disturbed by the
background
color.  Black on a Quake site?  I think it would be perfect but what do
I know.  I've only designed around a dozen sites.   :)

                             -=  George  =-
                           gramos(at)jps.net
                     Clever Communications
            Member of the HTML Writers Guild