Re: URGENT! Increasing Resolution of a Graphic From 72 to 300 DPI

by "Paul Wilson" <webgooru(at)gte.net>

 Date:  Mon, 20 Dec 1999 12:12:13 -0500
 To:  "Villano,
Paul" <VillanoP(at)usachcs-emh1.army.mil>,
<hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

> Urgently need to increase the resolution of a graphic from 72 to 300 dpi.
> have Paint Shop Pro 5.01 or Microsoft Photo Editor (the freebie).  I tried
> to copy it into a new file set at 300 pixels per inch, but that didn't
work.

The quick answer would be to use the Shift-S in PSP.

Unfortunately this will not work well.  Your taking an image and resizing it
about five or six times larger, it will get very fuzzy or blurry.

When working with pixel style graphics like PSP 5.01,  I found I have to
retain copies of all original photos and scans in case I need to reedit them
later.  You need the original.