Re: Browser compatability - AOL

by "Search Engine Laisha" <laisha(at)geocities.com>

 Date:  Mon, 10 May 1999 10:39:44 -0600
 To:  "Donald Jones" <donfj(at)nbnet.nb.ca>
 Cc:  <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
AOL does not use POP3 or SMTP but instead uses a proprietary mailer. AOL
members can use NetMail, which is an AOL product for their AOL mail, but not
Netscape Messenger.

However, that is only for mail sent to their AOL account.

If you have another mail account, then you can use the Messenger -- or any
other mailer you choose -- to get THAT mail. All you have to do is not give
your AOL email address to people you want to correspond with.

A member can also use any browser he or she wishes to use externally by
simply minimizing the AOL screen and double-clicking on the desired browser.