Re: international text

by "Travis Wall" <wallt(at)cadvision.com>

 Date:  Thu, 11 Mar 1999 15:27:09 -0700
 To:  "HWG Graphics" <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
>This might be a silly question but I have a need to use an international
>lettering on some names.  I need to type some names using .. above a
letter.
>Example:  the name Gotz with two dots above the o.  I realize that some
have
>keyboards that have these symbols, but mine doesn't.  I need to type it
this
>way for a web page and I also need to know how to do this with fonts in
>either PSP4 or PS5.

    You've got the answer for PSP4 (the alt code is easiest,
    just remember that you have to hold down the alt key
    type in all four numbers [including the 0 at the front]
    and then release the alt key and it'll work). For the web
    page you might want to try some of the special element
    codes

    &ouml;

    is the code for the umlaut 'o' (the o with the two dots).

regards
travis