Re: .EMF & .WMF files

by "Ramon Bartschat" <bartschat(at)goldnet.sk>

 Date:  Tue, 2 Feb 1999 12:44:59 +0100
 To:  <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
>I was wondering if anyone out there knows anything about converting
>a graphic in .gif or .jpg format to one with the file extension
>.emf or .wmf? I just downloaded something called Ulead Cool 3D which
>apparently enables me to create 3D images and text. But, from what I can
>see, I have to covert a graphic I have to an .EMF or a .WMF in order
>to play around with it in Ulead...
>So, is there a way to do it?? Or, better still, is there free or demo
>software out there that will let me do the same thing in an easier and
>simpler fashion?

I take a guess:
I believe for Ulead Cool 3D to render in 3D am image it has to accept vector
graphic information like wmf (In the case of True Type text for example that
is also the case)
In other words you can not take a bitmap graphic (gif or jpg) and expect
ulead to render to 3D.
Please note that it is possible to "save" a gif or jpg bitmap as wmf (I
tried it and it worked) but I wonder what happens when you use it in cool
3d.

This is my guess.

Ramon