Re: Curved Corners in Fireworks3

by "Kehvan M. Zydhek" <kehvan(at)zydhek.net>

 Date:  Tue, 20 Mar 2001 21:24:16 -0800
 To:  "Sian \(Rio\)" <webdiva(at)webdiva.screaming.net>,
"Hwg-Graphics" <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Sian,

Without looking, I'm willing to guess that the problem you describe is
caused by anti-aliasing the corner to make it look smoother, but then
putting the anti-aliased image on a background color different from what you
designed it on. Okay, let me check to be sure... Okay, I'm back. While not
quite what I suspected, what I see appears to be caused by the corner
graphic (at least the lower right one, which I have zoomed into right now)
is just a tad smaller than it needs to bee, possibly aligned in the table
1px to the left and 1px up from it's optimum position. Try reducing the size
of the cells holding these graphics a bit. If that doesn't work, try redoing
the corners just a touch bigger (include som outside edge space in the
graphic). If that isn't a good option, you could always add:

style="position: relative; left: 1px; top: 1px;"

to the IMG tag to push the graphic over and down 1px using style sheets. A
final alternative would be to pad the excess space using a transparent
"shim" graphic to force 1px extra at the top and left, nudging the graphic
that way.

Ooops... Now that I've actually saved and loaded the necessary file into
Homesite and Paint Shop Pro, I've found EXACTLY what your problem is (forget
all I said above, as it's not the case here, but keep it in mind for other
projects). Your problem is that the corner graphics include these edge lines
in them. Simply load them into your graphics editor, zoom in, and carefully
erase the darker color with the light color, then resave the graphic.
That'll fix everything!

Sorry for taking so long to get to the point (after finding it, of course).
Hope this helps!
Kehvan