Re: gifs or jpgs

by "Lonna Poland" <lonna(at)granbury.com>

 Date:  Fri, 28 May 1999 11:12:27 -0500
 To:  <hwg-graphics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
>I totally agree. Adobe ImageReady is totally AWESOME for this, it
>allows you to view the image as gif, jpg, and you can change the
>settings and color palette. It also does a great job on transparent
>gifs because it allows you to leave the area you want transparent
>(that is Photoshop's checkered background) and then specify a color
>to blend with any anit-aliasing or shadows.

Recently Adobe Image Styler was also mentioned in passing.  I'm trying to
determine which of these to buy, Styler or IR.  Which program would be the
most useful for creating lots of graphics.. backgrounds, buttons of all
shapes, and optimizing the images for easy insertion into web pages.  I
would like to hear your opinions about these two programs in order to make a
better informed decision.  I can't afford both.  If IR doesn't do
gradients... does Styler?

Thanks in advance,
Lonna