Re: Graphics Compression

by "Search Engine Laisha" <laisha(at)geocities.com>

 Date:  Tue, 6 Apr 1999 13:35:59 -0600
 To:  <sjones05(at)harris.com>,
<hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> Since the vast  majority of web graphics designers working for the
> worlds major corporations use Adobe Photoshop, why can't AOL ship their
> browsers with the the "never save" mode selected?

For the same reason that the US Government doesn't fix the tax code and Bill
Gates won't let you uninstall MSIE4.0: because they don't have to!

One can also go about the AOL graphics problem from the other side. I have a
page which tells AOL members how to fix their browsers so that they can see
graphics they way they were designed. You are welcome to link to it, if you
like.

http://www.wegotit4u.com/aol.html

> I belong to the HTML Writers Guild Graphics group and every designer I
> know has problems with AOL....it is "bashed" by all of us.  Can you
> please send a response to this question to hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org.

Bash all you want, but a good 85% of the commercial sales my clients make
are to AOL members. They may not want to invest the time and effort to learn
the internet, but they SURE aren't averse to investing money on the web!