Re: Graphics Program Question

by "Tim Whitcombe" <tim(at)ringsoft.demon.co.uk>

 Date:  Thu, 28 Mar 2002 16:03:30 -0000
 To:  <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Have a good look at Macromedia Fireworks. This was designed from the
bottom up with web graphics in mind (whereas Photoshop is to some extent
an adapted print oriented program). Both vector and bitmap capabilities,
plus will automatically do things like javascript rollovers. The user
interface is a bit quirky, but then all graphic s/w has some sort of
learning curve.

Many magazines in the UK have a 30 day trial version on cover CDs so you
have time to give it a real test drive - I thik you can d/l a trial from
www.macromedia.com as well.

Good luck!

Tim.
              http://www.ringsoft-designs.co.uk

> Hello,
>
> I am new to the list & am taking my first Class from HWG.  I am taking
the
> first HTML class, I already know some HTML, but everything has been
self
> taught & I wanted to fill any gaps in my HTML knowledge.
>
> Anyway My question is on Graphic Software.  I already have MGI
PhotoSuite