Re: Reducing size of graphics

by "Scott Desveaux" <sdesveaux(at)usa.net>

 Date:  Sat, 9 Jan 1999 18:10:18 -0500
 To:  <hwg-graphics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
>I've been recently adding new graphics to my WebDiva
>(http://www.webdiva.co.uk) website and running it through websitegarage.
>I'd like to reduce the loading time of my images and I was wondering if
>there were any free programs or if I would be able to use my exisiting
>program (Paintshop Pro 5.0) to reduce the size of the images ?

TIA,
to my knowledge, thre are many programs that can reduce the size of images,
it all depends on what you want to do/what you want to use
i believe that if you use Paintshop Pro 5.0 you can shrink the size of the
file by saving it as a JPEG file, when you save it, it should let you
control the amount of compression, which makes the file smaller. Another
point to keep in mind, is that JPEG files can achieve a  10:1 to 20:1
compression and the image will not loose quality.
another program that you can use is called 'thumbs PLUS!' I am not at all
familliar with this program, and have never used it, i have only witnessed
it being operated once, while i was at a friends house. I believe that the
function of 'thumbs PLUS! is to shrink the file into a thumbnail.
Hope that you find this helpful,
Download thumbsPLUS! http://www.attitude.com/thumb.htm
Scott Desveaux  (A Proud Student of Joe Barta)
sdesveaux(at)usa.net
http://home.talkcity.com/WallSt/scottonline
ScottOnline is a new Company, Much More Coming Soon
Icq: 16217003
Aol Im: skott13