Re: graphics presentation on CD

by "Sunil Malhotra" <sunilmalhotra(at)vsnl.com>

 Date:  Fri, 23 Feb 2001 03:38:13 +0530
 To:  <caroling(at)earthlink.net>,
"Lonna Poland" <lonna(at)granbury.com>
 Cc:  <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
The autoplay feature can be incorporated on a self running application
through an autorun.inf file which will launch the application once a CD
is detected in the tray. This is how it is technically done.
FYI, the business card variety of  CDs can take unto 55 megs of data
which means that entire website(so) can be included. Multimedia content,
however is a lot heavier and a flash or authored presentation might be a
tight squeeze.
In my experience one could cleverly put a whole lot of corporate info
and demos on this media.
Sunil