Re: web design career becoming obsolete? please no!

by "Ramon Bartschat" <bartschat(at)goldnet.sk>

 Date:  Mon, 7 Jun 1999 22:44:10 +0200
 To:  <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
>> Web site (or do you prefer "website")
>
>"website" SUCKS:
>
>     - It drops the capital W from Web (it's not a web, it's *the* Web).
>
>     - m-w.com says "Web" is to be capitalized.
>
>     - Its use smacks of attempt to be cute by forcing two words to become
one
>(a *way* overused trend which obviously mimics what's done with URLs. 'nuf
>said.)
>
>A search on Hotbot finds 2.6 million hits for "website" and 12.8 million
hits
>for "Web site" (or at least "web site"), so thank goodness popular usage
hasn't
>gone berserk (yet?).

It -also- depends on the language.  :-)
In "new" german (Neudeutsch) as the recent anglo-saxon (USA) influence of
our language is being called, the word "Website" (written together) would
most certainly be correct.
After all we have concatenated or composed word as an integral part of our
(german) language.
Also many use the germanized "Webseite".

So if you search for "Website" on an search engine probably lot of german
sites will pop up. And there are lots of german sites on the 'net nowadays.

Just a thought!

:-)
Ramon