Re: Screen Capturing the Mouse Arrow

by "Maggie Carr" <m.a.carr(at)decaelo.com>

 Date:  Mon, 28 Aug 2000 13:10:52 -0400
 To:  "Randal Milholland" <randy(at)channel1.com>
 Cc:  <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Randall,

A lot depends on the program you're using for the capture, i.e., the print
screen key in Windows 98 doesn't seem to think anybody would need it in a
Word document (figures...) however, '95 seemed to pick up the cursor,
highlighted areas (and a lot of other junk I didn't even notice) in the
windows of various programs I needed screenshots for ... quick and easy to
crop in Office 97's Photoeditor.
If you're using Paint Shop Pro, choose setup in the capture menu, and you
can select to include the cursor in a capture through any of the options
except "area". (In writing training/instructional materials, the PSP
"capture window" option has worked pretty well for me.)

HTH

Maggie