Re: How do you work on a graphic

by "Brian W. Boyd" <kyron(at)zonesys.com>

 Date:  Tue, 10 Mar 1998 07:29:50 -0600
 To:  "HTML Guild Graphics" <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Thanks for the responses everyone.

I am gratified to discover that my clumsy efforts are somewhat similar to
the other examples mentioned.  Its just I haven't settled on a single
methodology.

Just for the record,  I run CorelDraw7.  I tend to mostly make bitmap images
for the web.  I will after coming up with the overall scheme for the site in
question, I have one CPT file that I use as a holder for all the graphics on
a site.  The CPT file I usually make 1500x1000 in size and a full 24bit
image, the background color will be the same as my choice for the site.  All
final images are put here as objects, and when ready I make the compression
or GIF color reductions to make the final-final image.  I place this in a
images directory under a site's home directory.

Again all of this really helped me.  I mostly have trouble coming up with a
naming scheme.  The suggestion with a materials directory and the numbering
alphabetical scheme really appeals to me.  Thanks!

Brian
kyron(at)zonesys.com