Re: CSS and XML for Dummies...

by "Carol Parent" <parent(at)djam.com>

 Date:  Fri, 11 Jun 1999 07:27:30 -0500
 To:  "Garbanga" <webmaster(at)spelaean.com>,
<hwg-graphics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi,

What was your resource for learning XML and CSS?  Also to, would you
recommend learning them separately to understand how they work without each
other, or learning them as a pair, since you almost always read about them
together.  I have visited http://www.xml.com  and have noodled enough up in
there to wander off confused and talking to myself.  I have used CSS in
special cases when I wanted text to do a bit more than HTML could make it do
and didn't want to fool with graphics, but have never really delved into it
to much because of the problems with the browser support, but that seems to
be coming to end.  XML and CSS seem to be the replacement for HTML, they
call it XSL(?), and ppl talk about it as the holy grail of Internet
Solutions.  So to get back to my original question, how do you like XML and
what did you find was a good resource for learning it?  Books, sites etc?

Thanks much
Carol<~~~~Looking for the breadcrumbs she dropped to find her way back.