Re: Protection Against Graphic Theft?

by "Donna M Smillie" <dms(at)zetnet.co.uk>

 Date:  Tue, 12 Oct 1999 20:56:39 +0100
 To:  <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Watermarking won't actually prevent someone from pinching your graphics off
the page.  What it can do, though, is help to make them identifiable as
yours if you find them lurking on someone else's page and if the person who
pinched them doesn't know how to remove the watermark (which is an
invisible, electronic identifier that embeds itself in the graphic file).
You need to register with Digimarc (or similar) first, to obtain your
personal "identifier", which is what PSP6 then embeds in your graphics.

Regards,
A different Donna :-)
--
dms(at)zetnet.co.uk