Re: Display size?

by "MomJ" <momj(at)capecodmouse.com>

 Date:  Fri, 27 Aug 1999 16:20:36 -0400
 To:  <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

----- Original Message -----=20
From: Carolyn Balkum <design(at)graphics4us.com>
Sent: Friday, August 27, 1999 3:00 PM
Subject: Re: Display size?

> Three weeks ago I took over an existing hobby site and I instantly =
stuck a
> tracker on it=20
<snipped>
> What I didn't like was the screen colors:
>=20
> 16 Bit (65K)       92       49.46%
>   8 Bit (256)       39       20.96%
>  32 Bit (16.7M)   31      16.66%
>  24 Bit (16.7M)   20      10.75%
>  Other                 4        2.15%

FYI  some of us with older machines who have been fortunate enough to =
upgrade to larger monitors, do not have the video hardware to take =
larger display AND 16.7M colors. I have compromised at 16 bit color to =
be able to use a 1024x768 desktop.  My 19 inch monitor will give me more =
area, but only at 256 colors! NOT a compromise I am willing to make, but =
perhaps others are.=20
(Before someone tells me to upgrade my video card... I can't as it is =
part of the motherboard.  I'm holding out for a new system!)=20

Mousily yours,
MomJ - the mouse with the 5 foot tail!
(aka CCmouse)
Visit the Mousehold http://www.capecodmouse.com/