Communicator 5 FREE with source - 100%TRUE

by "Andrew Tait" <atait(at)netc.net.au>

 Date:  Thu, 5 Feb 1998 20:55:29 +1100
 To:  <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
It is 100% TRUE!!!

Netscape did it as a counter move when MS basically won the DOJ Win95/IE4
case (Win98 still to come I think), giving themselves access to an army of
unpaid developers. The best modifications will be integrated into the
official product.

I got that information directly from Netscape, as I am registered as a
Netscape developer. It was a special bulletin on the day the DOJvsMS case
was over, the 12/1/98 if I remember correctly (dd/mm/yy Aussie standards).

It should be out by the end of this quarter according to Netscape.

Andrew Tait atait(at)netc.net.au

PS. I sent this to the entire list since I thought it might interest you
all.