Re: Publisher 98 Horror Story

by "Ally Akbarzadeh" <ally(at)netspace.net.au>

 Date:  Fri, 26 Mar 1999 15:46:17 +1100
 To:  "Angel Peche" <angel(at)ieweb.net>,
<hwg-graphics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> My Father in Law has his own sign painting business and he has been self
> employed for the past 17 years. The one thing he stresses is you NEVER
tell
> a client their logo sucks or that you don't like it. You might offer
> different ideas and use the line that with the internet things show up
> differently, blah, blah, blah. Always blame it on other things. Not their
> design :o)

I definately agree. In lots of cases, especially when you're dealing the
small - medium sized businesses where the person you're dealing with is
usually the owner / manager, logos are more than just something fro the
letterhead. They're like names, representing all the business has been
through and gives them an identity. Imagine your name was Gerkle Fragginpop-
would you want someone telling you, "Gee Gerkle's a stupid sounding name..."
rather than "Gerkle's certainly unique, but I think Tom suits you better."

Ally Akbarzadeh
Sinewave Interactive Pty Ltd
Level 10, 420 St Kilda Road
Melbourne VIC, Australia 3004