Re: Help, my site is invisible!

by "Lauri Vain" <optima(at)hot.ee>

 Date:  Sat, 27 Jan 2001 01:39:19 +0200
 To:  "Lonna Poland" <lonna(at)granbury.com>,
<hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Lonna,

> trying again.  The site is totally invisible on Netscape.  I have
> tried widening the table to fit the width of the graphics but in
> Netscape it's like the site isn't even there!  Can anyone help?

99% of time the URL helps! I also think that this should go to hwg-basics or
hwg-techniques.

> people using Internet Explorer browsers, but seems to be invisible for
> viewers with Netscape!
>
> I must have messed up somehow with my tables... it could also be that
> my graphics total 678 width and my table is set at 650... is Netscape
> really that picky?  Should I reduce the width of the title banner and
> try again?

Netscape *IS* picky but it can usually survive height/width problems. When
Netscape does get really picky is when closing tags for tables enter the game.
In a recent project I recently coded, the page www.sakusuurhall.ee/ehitus was
totally blank in Netscape. The reason? I didn't close the table with </table>.

Check your source code!

Also, run your site through http://validator.w3.org. You'll be suprised how many
errors you usually find.

*** Always validate your code ***