Re: sit files

by "Laura Mollett" <lmollett(at)mis.net>

 Date:  Wed, 6 Oct 1999 15:26:49 -0400
 To:  <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

> Kathy,
>
> Bottom line is: You can't.

[snip]

> I SINCERELY hope your files are an exception, but don't bet the farm on
it.

Oh now, this is a real exaggeration. I use a pc at work and a mac at home
and move files easily back and forth all the time. The pc program to open
stuff-it files works fine. If the file doesn't have an extension (and the
mac user who created it that way should have known better) then add one.
When you click on the file and your pc tells you it doesn't know what to
open it with, choose the stuff-it program from the list. The pc doesn't care
about all the 'extra' files (in other'n forks) that contain the 'what is
this' data for the mac, so you can just delete those. Fonts can be more
difficult and take more work, but really if you're fairly knowledgeable, you
shouldn't have much trouble with 'standard' files (text files,
jpg/gif/tiff/eps files, word files, photoshop/illustrator/flash all the big
programs if you own both versions all translate fairly well).

Laura Mollett