Re: perspective

by "Kehvan M. Zydhek" <kehvan(at)zydhek.net>

 Date:  Fri, 29 Jun 2001 09:21:06 -0700
 To:  "Ryan Mann" <ll_wolverine_ll(at)hotmail.com>,
<hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Ryan,

If I get what you're looking for, Paint Shop Pro 7 (and 6, maybe 5) has this
ability. I think PhotoShop 5/6 does, too. It's essentially the deform
tool... In PSP, you have to promote the image to a layer, click the tool
which brings up control tabs similar to what show up on vector graphics, and
using a combination of the tool points, the mouse, the shift key and the
control key, you can push, pull and distort the image to your heart's
content (I am particularly happy with an "undeform" I did to a photo from an
instant, fixed-focus camera where the horizontal and vertical lines were
"fisheyed" -- using deform, I stretched and pushed the image until the H and
V lines were correct).

Also in PSP, should the deform tool not quite be what you want, are a number
of prepackaged tools to give perspective to things by stretching and
narrowing an image, twisting and tweaking it, poking and prodding, rolling
it up into a ball, or wrapping it around things. It's really quite
impressive.

If I'm close to what you're trying to describe, email me off-list for more
info. Otherwise, perhaps a bit more clarity is in order?

Kehvan