Re: Fireworks Question

by "Comharsa" <comharsa(at)clara.net>

 Date:  Fri, 5 May 2000 21:01:16 +0100
 To:  <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>,
"Greg" <g.cantrell(at)arnprior.com>
From: "Greg" <g.cantrell(at)arnprior.com>

> I recently switched from using Photoshop & ImageReady for web graphics and
GoLive for HTML
> to Macromedia Fireworks for web graphics and DreamWeaver for HTML..
>
> But I'm having a little trouble adjusting.. what I want to do is
> create a perfect arc path and attach text to it BUT I am having
> a huge problem creating a path that follows a perfect arc.
>
> Is there something obvious I am missing??
> My first thought was to create a circle and then erase half but
> I am having trouble discovering how to erase part of a path.

You sound as if you are almost there. Create a circle, then while it is
still selected choose the eraser tool (scalpel). Use it to draw a line
across your circle (hold down shift to keep it horizontal if necessary).
Provided you have not gone across the middle you will see two new points
added where you have cut the circle. At present both parts are still
selected. Choose the selection tool and click away from the circle to
deselect it. Now select the bottom (or top) of your circle and delete. You
will be left with the arc you want.

HTH

Brian
comharsa(at)clara.net