Re: Image Effects in Paint Shop Pro 5.03

by "Paul Wilson" <webgooru(at)gte.net>

 Date:  Tue, 8 Aug 2000 15:27:07 -0500
 To:  "Villano,
Paul" <VillanoP(at)usachcs-emh1.army.mil>,
"HWG GRAPHICS" <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Paul,

 This one will make you pull your hair out.  This is the one thing that Jasc
was real brain dead about when they designed PSP.

  Increase the number of colors the current graphic has.  Gifs by definition
are 256 colors. Increase it to 16 million colors and that should fix the
problem. ( select from the menu: Colors and then Increase Colors)   When you
save as a GIF it will change it back to 256 colors.

I found I had to do this so often I added the "increase colors to 16
million" icon to my toolbar so it saves a couple clicks.

 The number of colors also makes a big difference when resizing a .GIF.  If
you don't increase to 16 million colors it will really look ragged when
resized.  Changing to 16mil allows it to do a much better job of aliasing
during the resize - although not as well as PhotoShop.

Paul WIlson
webgooru(at)gte.net