Re: Rotation of Gifs

by "Alastair" <me(at)alastair.force9.co.uk>

 Date:  Thu, 1 Jan 1998 19:47:51 -0000
 To:  <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Michael,
    What exactly do you want to rotate?
    If you just want to rotate text, get hold of Xara3D. It's a wonderful
bit of software because it does only what it sets out to do, and does it
very well. It is not flash and feature laden - it's just quick and small.
Find it at http://www.xara.com/xara3d/index.htm

    Disclaimer - I am NOTHING to do with Corel / Xara. I just like Xara 3D,
that's all...

    It you want to rotate an actual graphic, get a 3D package and create a
plane. Apply the image as a texture map and export as an AVI file at max.
quality. Use a package like Videotrope to convert the file to an animated
GIF. (You might need to process the individual frames in PSP for best
effect). I used Videotrope, PSP 4.1 and 3D/FX 2 (by Asymmetrix) to create
most of the rotating GIFs at www.alastair.force9.co.uk/ts (which are
copyrighted BTW :-)

    Hope that helps.

Alastair