Re: Ulead SmartSaver

by simone(at)genesisnetwork.net (Demitrius)

 Date:  Sat, 10 Jan 1998 10:55:59 -0800
 To:  <rallen(at)dial.pipex.com>,
"Hwg-Graphics@Hwg. Org (E-mail)" <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
------<snip>----------
>I found that
>the images I used were either the same size as the original or even larger.
>
> Has anyone else had any experience with this program and therefore might
>be able to offer any advice as to if I or the program am in error?

Upon loading your image, click on the Color Reduction tab.
Next to Colors:  adjusting the number of colors will directly affect the
file size of your image.
I usually begin by reducing the number of colors in half, then view the
results and proceed from there. Trial and error write the rules here. The
objective is to find a compromise between image quality and file size.

I get great results with Smart Saver. I use it on *every* GIF image I
create. With JPEG's I find that Image Composer does an adequate job of
compression and Smart Saver is not necessary.

Good luck.

Regards,
Demitrius >I<