Re: Digital Camera Pictures

by "Jo Nell Fulwiler" <fulwiler(at)dallas.net>

 Date:  Sun, 18 Jan 1998 13:13:38 -0600
 To:  "Kathy" <TSAntiques(at)usaor.net>
 Cc:  <hwg-graphics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I have to say that the Sony Mavica MVC-FD7 is the best digital camera I have
seen. I looked at a lot of cameras before I purchased this model. This model
has a 10X zoom and built in flash. It also includes a number of picture
effects which can be used in combination with the auto focus, such as pastel
mode, black and white, sepia tones and negative art. The camera also allows
the user to select the from a range of lighting situations such as portrait,
low light, high speed, shadows, landscape, etc. For the real
do-it-yourselfer.....you can also take the camera to a manual mode which
will allow the user to infinitely adjust the shutter speed, aperture and
focus. I have used the camera extensively since its purchase, but have not
yet had to opportunity to do any stop action shots (have to wait until the
racing season starts up again for that.)

But all said and done with the camera, the main selling feature for me was
the fact that images are stored on a 3.5" floppy disk. No bother with
special cables, hardware cards, memory chips or software to download images
to your pc. The floppy can be popped out of the camera and used in any pc or
mac. All images are stored in .jpg format. The literature for the camera
states that you can store 20 high quality images or 40 good quality images
per disk. It has been my experience that I can take anywhere from 18 to 40
high quality shots per disk, depending on the number of colors used in the
image (i.e. I took a lot of photos of seascapes where the images were shades
of blues. These images were a smaller size than images of people with many
shades and hues of different colors.) The portability of the storage medium
on this camera is very important to me since I used a number of different
pcs. I have 3 desktops systems in my home as well as a laptop with travels
with me. Not tying the camera to one specific pc was a big advantage.

Samples of the digital pics can be found at
http://www.dallas.net/fulwiler/century/digpics.html

Jo Nell Fulwiler
fulwiler(at)dallas.net
http://www.dallas.net/fulwiler