Re: NEW THREAD! - Image Composer

by simone(at)genesisnetwork.net (Demitrius)

 Date:  Mon, 2 Feb 1998 15:43:04 -0800
 To:  "Mary Sorensen,
EHS" <msorensen(at)ehs.utah.edu>,
<hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
>Anyway, I was very impressed with the beta version of Image Composer
>and imagine my chagrin after it expired when I was informed that I
>MUST buy Front Page if I want Image Composer.

The upgrade for FP98 is priced at about one third the price of the non
upgrade. I understand that the Image Composer installation does not check
for a previous version, while the installation of FP does - which shouldn't
be a problem for you if you don't want FP98.

> but I'm on the
>simple end of web page development, and I prefer to use Notepad and
>write my code out.

Here's a tip: you can forgo the WYSIWYG view and switch to HTML view full
time. This gives you the added benefit of color coding your tags and you
never have to use the graphical interface that the FP98 editor offers.

However, what you will gain is a powerful tool for managing your webs. FP98
Explorer has many powerful tools for checking links, updating links, finding
or replacing words, and setting up navigation.

This can be a great time saver. For example, I just submitted a site to the
critique list. A member told me that I had the wrong word on one of the
pages, but neglected to tell me what page that was on. Now, I could have
gone searching for the word "bode" page by page until I found it, but with
the FP98 Explorer, I simply called up the Find function, and it found the
word for me in about 2 seconds. It then took me to the page, and then to the
word and I switched it with "body". Quick and convenient. By the way, I
created all the graphics for that site with Image Composer and the Eye Candy
plug-in. Wanna see?
http://www.vanburengolf.com

When you compare the price of Image Composer and FrontPage 98 to the price
of its competition, MIC is a tremendous value.

Regards,
Demitrius >I<