Re: NEW THREAD! - Image Composer

by simone(at)genesisnetwork.net (Demitrius)

 Date:  Tue, 3 Feb 1998 16:30:25 -0800
 To:  "C. Cyrny" <ccyrny(at)stuttgart.netsurf.de>
 Cc:  <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Claus,

>I doubt if MS
>cares too much about their clients at all (unfortunately).

Not true! I was a beta tester for Microsoft Image Composer 1.5. I can tell
you from first hand experience that Microsoft *Does Indeed* listen to what
we say. Many of the recommendations made to them were acted upon.

Have any of you ever considered that the bundling of FrontPage 98 and Image
Composer has to do with *Marketing*? Think about it. FrontPage is a very
popular program for MS. But hardly anybody knows about Image Composer. What
better way to get this great program (MIC) into the hands of its *primary*
marketplace than to just give it to them (when you buy FP98).

In sales it's called the "puppy dog close". The puppy dog close is when you
get your prospect to use your product without charging them for it. Then
after they fall in love with it, they'll pay money for a better version of
it.

Image Composer isn't even up to 2.0 yet. It's already a potent program.
People are starting to talk about it. Wait till 2.0 and then 3.0 come out
(whenever they do). By then word will have gotten around and there'll be a
built in market just waiting for a stand alone MIC to come out. Instant
success; that spells profits.

Of course, all this is pure speculation on my part. I have no idea if this
is what MS is up to. My opinions in no way reflect MS's position on this.
I'm just rambling.

>Is Composer really THAT good?

Yes. Image Composer is really THAT good.

Regards,
Demitrius >I<