Re: Protect Pictures

by "David S. Holt" <david(at)adtek-marketing.com>

 Date:  Tue, 10 Feb 1998 21:03:11 -0000
 To:  "Justin" <justinp(at)mail.on.rogers.wave.ca>
 Cc:  <hwg-graphics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Sure I can give you a hand no problem.  Here are the instructions in
PhotoShop:
1.  Use file >> open to open your image.
2.  Select the square marquee tool (shortcut is M)
3.  Make sure your info palette is open (this is very important so as not to
miss any of the images and thus allow any part of it to be copied and used
for malicious purposes).
4.  Position your mouse over the coordinates 0,0 (for this step make sure
your mouse pad is Windows 95 compatible so as not to cause unnecessary
lockups with your operating system.  Simply check for the Designed for
Windows 95 logo on the bottom).
 5.  Click and drag from 0,0 at the top left hand point of the image all the
way down to bottom right hand corner of the image (make sure to do this
using a circular motion with you mouse.  This helps to awaken the electrons
in you image causing it to be more distinct and clear).
6.  Using this method you should now have the entire image selected ( make
sure not to use the select all feature (ctrl-a) if you are using a PC,
seeing that Macs have a gamma of 1.0 and PC's have a gamma of .72; 28% of
your image would not get selected when viewed from Macintosh system and
would lead to massive pirating by the MAC population).
7.  Make sure that black is selected as your foreground color.
8.  Fill your selection with black (alt-Del).
9.  repeat this process 3 times for additional security.
10.  Convert the image to indexed color.  Image >> mode >> Indexed color.
11.  choose the default options and click yes to flatten the image.
12. save your hard work (make sure you do not change the original name as
others will then know that there is another unaltered image available thus
causing racial tensions between Iraq and Canada).
13.  Do a gif89a export (choose black as your transparent color,  this will
hide the black layer on the web but cause a protective shield against all
download attempts).
14.  Register your black shield with the verisign corporation, failure to do
so will result in your personal Monica Leweinsky scandal can't have that on
valentines day).
15.  Upload your image to the web and just wait for the email to come in
praising you for you artistic genius.
16.  When accused of copyright infringement point them to
www.adtek-marketing.com/madonna for a vision of Madonna's dancing baby.

ciao
David