Re: MouseOver images in Internet Explorer?

by simone(at)genesisnetwork.net (Demitrius)

 Date:  Wed, 11 Feb 1998 17:23:31 -0800
 To:  "Lucas Young" <lucas(at)bitworks.co.nz>,
<hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Lucas,

>Does anyone have an example of a page which detects the browser you are
>using and changes it's mouseover routines accordingly??

Yes. But forget "browser sniffing" detection scripts. They're old news. The
way to go is document.images  This way it doesn't matter *which* browser is
requesting the page, if it can't process document.images, it just ignores
the script.

A document.images script will work in NSN 3.0, 4.0 and MSIE 4.0  All others
will see a static image.

Go to a couple of my sites to look at the code:
http://www.vanburengolf.com/
http://www.naturesleep.com/page_2.htm
this site is still under construction.

BTY all graphics were created in Microsoft Image Composer. The naturesleep
photos look poor because all they gave me to work with was a little tri-fold
brochure!!!!

Regards,
Demitrius >I<