Re: POV-Ray & existing graphics

by "Alastair" <me(at)alastair.force9.co.uk>

 Date:  Wed, 25 Feb 1998 20:32:21 -0000
 To:  <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

>PovRay is -not- intuitively obvious to the casual observer; the docs are
>daunting. But if you want to learn the most -infinitely- variable and
flexible
>image generator then PovRay is the way to go.

Whoa Jim! Hold it right there! PovRay is powerful, yes. However, it doesn't
come near 3D Studio. I know 3DS costs a *lot* more. But you can't really
argue that PovRay is better. 3DS is the choice of serious 3D professionals,
IMHO. Where are the easy to edit inverse kinematics, the very powerful and
quick material library, and where is the speed? 3DS on a render farm over a
network is lightning fast, even with quite large animations of complex
scenes.

Alastair
======
Lightning Web Design