Re: Selective Transparency with PS4

by "Joop Engelander" <joopeng(at)euronet.nl>

 Date:  Sat, 4 Apr 1998 11:57:10 +0200
 To:  <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

Hi,
I think you can solve this problem by using gif89a export in PS4. First
select the white background with the magic wand. Then reverse the selection,
cut it and put it on a new layer. Now you have to make the background layer
'unseen' (by clicking the eye). If you've done it right, the background
turns to grey/white blocks. Without merging the layers, select: export,
gif89a export. By clicking on the grey square, you can turn the background
colour that's used for anti alias to white but this will not affect the
white parts of the picture. Than safe the picture without selecting any
transparent colours.
I hope this helps, i've used it on www.euronet.nl/users/achg for the bullets
and the turning logo.

-Joop