Re: scanning help

by "Brent Snow" <BLSnow(at)greensea.com>

 Date:  Mon, 20 Apr 1998 12:01:35 -0500
 To:  "walter muller" <waltermullerorlando(at)worldnet.att.net>
 Cc:  <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Walter,
I use the same scanner with Paint Shop Pro and use the "acquire" command in
paint shop
so that I do not have to use the Picture Publisher software that came with
the scanner.
(I just prefer Paint Shop)
The size of your 35mm picture should not matter.   I usually scan at 150 -
200 dpi and then
"resample"    not   "resize"  to my desired dimensions.  This results in a
much better image
quality.    "Resample" will not work on images that are 256 colors or lower
so save them
 as JPG's or other high color formats intitially.
Hope this helps,
Brent Snow
BLSnow(at)greensea.com
www.greensea.com