Re: Digital Cameras

by "Demitrius" <simone(at)genesisnetwork.net>

 Date:  Thu, 23 Apr 1998 11:07:41 -0700
 To:  "Consult-Eco" <stevemc(at)consult-eco.ndirect.co.uk>,
"HTML W.G. (Graphics)" <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>,
"Bratiegal" <Bratiegal(at)aol.com>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi,

My next digital camera is going to be a Kodak DC200. It's one of those new
"mega-pixel" cameras with 1152 x 864 pixels - compared to everybody else at
640x480 or less.
http://www.kodak.com/US/en/digital/dc200/index.shtml
(BTW, there's some *great* animation on this page) This camera can output in
JPEG format.

Quality output is amazing. See for yourself:
http://www.kodak.com/US/en/digital/dc200/samples/dc200Samples.shtml

>As a separate question: do you know if any digital offers the ability to
>undertake macro-photography - real close up stuff such as insects etc.??

Yes, they do. "A standard, threaded lens that accepts auxiliary close-up,
wide angle and telephoto lenses for added flexibility".

BTW, I *need* to have one of these because I do a lot of real estate
websites, but you may want to wait a few months because I've read that
there's a whole new batch of "mega-pixel" cameras coming out soon and
they're going to be *half* the price of the ones you can buy now.

Best,
Demitrius >I<