Re: Earth Images

by "Demitrius" <simone(at)genesisnetwork.net>

 Date:  Fri, 24 Apr 1998 11:26:48 -0700
 To:  <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>,
"Rebecca" <prikura(at)best.com>
  todo: View Thread, Original
>http://www.nasa.gov
>
>If you check out the guidelines page, you'll see that Nasa images are
>usually not copyrighted and can be used freely on web pages.

Hang on, not true!
http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/pictures/imageuse.html

"Permission to reproduce JPL materials for commercial purposes other than
news reporting as described above must be requested in writing. In some
cases a royalty to Caltech will apply. When submitting requests, please
include the photo number and describe the proposed use in detail."

"Requests to use JPL images in advertising or public relations materials on
behalf of JPL/Caltech contractors and vendors should be directed to:
Manager, Media Relations Office, Mail Stop 186-123, Jet Propulsion
Laboratory, 4800 Oak Grove Drive, Pasadena CA 91109. Requests may be faxed
to (818) 354-4537."

"Requests for all other commercial uses of JPL images should be directed to:
Commercial Programs Office, Mail Stop 180-400, Jet Propulsion Laboratory,
4800 Oak Grove Drive, Pasadena CA 91109. Requests may be faxed to (818)
393-1366."

Best,
Demitrius >I<