Re: Government Ownership (was Earth Images)

by "Demitrius" <simone(at)genesisnetwork.net>

 Date:  Fri, 24 Apr 1998 16:50:43 -0700
 To:  <publisher(at)bton.com>
 Cc:  <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
>I like your logic and sense for the irrational, Demitrius.  (If you had
>left out the CAPS and !!! I would have thought you were a Vulcan.  <g> )

I am. I had my ears snipped. My real name is Sybok - oh you didn't think I
really DIED fighting with "God" did you?  =)

>Now I'm confused.  (Nothing new there.)  I remember when state and
>federal government materials were automatically put into the Public
>Domain unless exempted for security, regulating or licensing reasons
>(e.g.:  money, codes, patents, etc.)

So am I. (#!#@# humans!) Look at what the NASA site says:
"NASA images generally are not copyrighted. You may use NASA
imagery, video and audio material for educational or informational
purposes, including photo collections, textbooks, public exhibits and
Internet Web pages."
http://www.nasa.gov/gallery/photo/guideline.html

This begs the question, "If a JPL image is on the NASA website, is it
copyright or not?"

Okay, okay, I'll stop I'll stop.

Live long and prosper,
Demitrius >I<